The Maybank Kim Eng group of companies comprises businesses stretching around the globe with offices in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India, Vietnam, Great Britain and the United States of America, and has a presence in the Middle East through Anfaal Capital. Maybank Kim Eng has been in Asia for more than 40 years and provides services in corporate finance, debt capital markets, equity capital markets, derivatives, retail and institutional securities broking and research.
In 2011, Malayan Banking Berhad ("Maybank") made a strategic move to accelerate the growth of its investment banking and equities platform in the region by acquiring Kim Eng Holdings Limited ("Kim Eng"). This acquisition enabled Maybank to extend its investment banking arm to complement its fast growing commercial banking business which is expanding across the region.
A leader in many of the Asian markets that it operates in, Maybank Kim Eng has won numerous prestigious awards in the markets that it serves; we were named Best Broker in Southeast Asia and Best Equity House at the Alpha Southeast Asia Best FI Awards 2015, and Best Investment Bank in Malaysia at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2015.
Maybank Kim Eng is the fully-owned investment banking arm of Maybank; one of Asia’s leading banking groups and South East Asia’s fourth largest bank by assets. Maybank has been ranked among the World's Top 20 Strongest Banks by Bloomberg Markets for two consecutive years - 2013 and 2014 - and has an international network of offices in 19 countries serving more than 22 million customers worldwide.
To be a regional financial powerhouse.
- Be the premier investment banking service provider in ASEAN, in both conventional and Islamic finance
- Achieve top 5 rankings in ASEAN league tables for fundraising, debt markets and M&A activities
- Be the #1 broker by market share in all ASEAN markets, and a Tier-1 broker in Hong Kong
- Attain brand recognition from clients as a leading ASEAN investment banking services provider
- Adopt leading-edge and innovative technology with seamless regional connectivity
- Recognition from current and potential workforce as a top quartile employer